You will need to bring Friday’s lunch to Mondays Lunch, so three dinners, four lunches and three breakfasts, as well as some lollies or snacks for in between.
- Cereal, whatever you like mix a few types together!, place in a snap lock bag. You can either have long life milk or powdered; you can use the bag as a bowl. Put powdered milk in a separate bag and work out before you go how much water you will need to add (using you own cup).
- OR some instant porridge, you can get it in sachets (use 2) and add some brown sugar
- Include a fruit and nut bar or a small apple or mandarin
- Vita wheat biscuits, take some vegemite and cheese to put on them. Try twiggy sticks, Have a fruit and nut bar as well and some celery sticks. OR try making sandwiches using English muffins, they will last a while.
- You need to think light, you could buy pre-prepared meals from a hiking store, these can be expensive, but preparing your own is easy.
- Dinners for hiking (Dinners)
- Friday Bring your favourite casserole or stew,
- Freeze it at home and reheat at skin; easy and quick but can be heavy.